The popularity of Tumblr is growing by leaps and bounds, as it continues to make a name for itself as a reliable, accessible blogging platform. Yet, there is very little documentation on Tumblr, leaving newcomers confused as to where to start. That's where this helpful book comes in. Written by well-respected author Thord Hedengren, this step-by-step guide is an ideal starting point for Tumblr newcomers as well as web designers who want to take their Tumblblogs to the next level.
You'll learn how to maximize the full potential of this amazing blogging and lifestreaming platform as you create your first post, make your Tumblr blog unique, create your own custom themes, and more.
- Introduces you to the exciting world of Tumblr, the popular web publishing platform
- Walks you through posting quotes, links, photos, audio, and more
- Addresses finding and installing themes, using a comment system on your Tumblr site, and integrating third-party content
- Demonstrates how to create your own custom theme, network in the Tumblr community, and modify your Tumblr themes with HTML and CSS
- Explains ways to integrate Tumblr with other services, including Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr
There's no need to grumble about learning Tumblr—this book is all you need!
Part I: Introducing Tumblr.
CHAPTER 1: This Is Tumblr.
CHAPTER 2: Getting Started with Tumblr.
CHAPTER 3: Your First Tumblr Post.
CHAPTER 4: Choosing a Tumblr Theme.
Part II: Connecting with Tumblr.
CHAPTER 5: Networking with Tumblr.
CHAPTER 6: Connecting to Other Services with Tumblr.
Part III: Advanced Tumbling.
CHAPTER 7: Working with Comments on Tumblr.
CHAPTER 8: Beyond Blogging with Tumblr.
Part IV: Tumblr Theming.
CHAPTER 9: Editing Tumblr Themes.
CHAPTER 10: Your Own Tumblr Theme.
APPENDIX A: Using HTML and CSS with Tumblr