Part I: Origins of a Theoretical Project:.
1. From Functionalism to Neofunctionalism: Creating a Position in the Field of Social Theory.
2. Traditions and Competition: Preface to a Postpositivist Approach to Knowledge Cumulation.
Part II: Reinventing Parsons/Reconstructing His Tradition:.
3. Neofunctionalism Today: Reconstructing a Theoretical Tradition.
4. Parsons′s Structure in American Sociology.
5. Formal Sociology Is not Multidimensional: Breaking the Code in Parsons′s Fragment on Simmel.
6. On Choosing Ones Intellectual Predecessors: Why Charles Camic is Wrong About Parsons′s Early Work.
7. Structure, Value, Action: What Did the Early Parsons Mean and What Should He Have Said, Instead?.
Part III: After Neofunctionalism: Its Contribution to Theory Creation Today: .
8. The New Theoretical Movement.
9. Action, Culture and Civil Society.