This is a practical resource for all inexperienced teachers, offering a thorough and thoughtful guide to the key tasks and skills of training. Starting with the first task of assessing learners needs, the book shows the reader how to develop teaching effectiveness in fostering experiential learning. Additionally, by means of review chapters, the book encourages readers to reflect on their teaching actions, so as to develop better coping skills as teachers.
The book follows the style of the Personal and Professional Development series, using exercises, questionnaires and case studies. Other titles in the series include Managing Time, Interpersonal Conflicts at Work, Effective Teamwork, Coaching for Staff Development, Basic Evaluation Methods, and Assessing Your Career.
2. Conduction a needs assessment: action.
3. Identifying learning needs: reflection.
4. Planning teaching and training: action.
5. Conducting training and training: reflection.
6. Conducting teaching and training: action.
7. Conducting teaching and training: reflection.
8. Evaluation of teaching and training: action.
9. Evaluation of teaching and training: reflection.