This book looks at the inter–ethnic relations, racial prejudice, gender equality, the development of ethnic identity; bilingualism; the practice of home religion; and scholastic achievement and adjustment. Its aim it to provide an up–to–date picture of the situation of South Asian and Chinese adolescents living in the UK today.
2. First Generation: religion, value orientations and gender issues.
3. Adolescents of the Second and Third Generation.
4. Ethnic Identity, Acculturation and Self–Image.
5. Schools and Asian Young People.
6. Reflections and Implications.