The volume brings together commentators from a variety of disciplines in an attempt to offer a fresh critique on these matters.
Contributors: Craig Lind, Heather Keating, Barry Luckock, Sonia Harris–Short, Judith Masson, Julia Brophy, Val Gillies, Laurence Koffman, Alex Newbury, Clem Henricson, Nigel Parton
2. Adoption support and the negotiation of ambivalence in family policy and children s services: Barry Luckock.
3. Making and Breaking Family Life: Adoption, the State and Human Rights: Sonia Harris–Short.
4. The state as parent: The reluctant parent? The problems of parents of last resort: Judith Masson.
5. Child Maltreatment in Diverse Households: Challenges to Child Care Law, Theory and Practice: Julia Brophy.
6. Perspectives on Parenting Responsibility: Contextualising Values and Practices: Val Gillies.
7. Holding Parents to Account: Tough on Children, Tough on the Causes of Children?: Laurence Koffman.
8. Youth Crime: Whose Responsibility?: Alex Newbury.
9. Governing Parenting: Is there a case for a policy review and statement of parenting rights and responsibilities?: Clem Henricson.
10. The Change for Children Agenda in England: Towards the Preventive–Surveillance State : Nigel Parton