Apart from developing an original argument about research, the book is also designed as a resource text for students and more experienced researchers interested in developing theory from their own field research. It contains overviews of grounded theory and middle-range theory; a research resource map; strategies for developing theory; and guidelines and checklists for field research at the end of chapters.
1. Research Strategy and Theory Construction.
2. Middle-Range Theory and Research.
3. Grounded Theory and Field Research.
4. Grounded Theory on a Broader Canvass.
5. A Resource Map for Research.
6. Data and Method in Multi-Strategy Research.
7. Research Strategy and Theory Building.
8. Investigating Power, Commitment and Constraint.
9. The Historical Dimension.
10. New Strategies: Some Reflections and a Practical Guide.