1. Inequality, fragmentation and identity.
2. Capitalism, modernity and change.
3. Class: beyond Marx?.
4. Gender: rethinking patriarchy.
5. "Race" and ethnicity: 'travelling in the West'.
6. Age: a neglected dimension of stratification.
7. Some international comparisons.
Fractured identities: processes of fragmentation and polarization in post-industrial capitalist societies.
Bibliography and sources.
"Readable and well structured while at the same time intellectually challenging. Bradley's discussion of 'race' and ethnicity ... offers a particularly valuable contribution to current thinking." Work, Employment and Society