1. Law Without a State? On Representing the Common Market (Hans Lindahl and Bert van Roermund).
2. The European Union as an Essentially Contested Project (Zenon Bankowski and Emilios Christodoulidis).
3. Sovereignty and Differentiated Integration in the European Union (Neil Walker).
4. The Problem of Membership in European Union Citizenship (Jo Shaw).
5. Beyond the Bundesverfassungsgericht: On the Necessary Cunning of Constitutional Reasoning (Michelle Everson).
6. Does the European Union Pervert Democracy? Questions of Democracy in New Constitutional Thought on the Future.
7. Legitimacy and Governance Beyond the European Nation State: Conceptualising Governance in the European Union (Caitriona Carter and Andrew Scott).
8. The Limits of European Union Citizenship (Carole Lyons).
9. Democracy, Sovereignty and the Constitution of the Europe Union: The Republican Alternative to Liberalism (Richard Bellamy and Dario Castiglione).
10. Identity and Democracy in the New Europe (Ian Ward).