Students, scholars, and sociologists interested in the history, development, and legacies of the European Union will find this to be a unique and informative text.
1. Introduction: A New Approach to Studying European Integration.
2: The European Union and Globalization.
3. The Question of the European State.
4. European Society.
5. Unemployment, Social Exclusion and Citizenship.
6. Cohesion Policy and Regional Autonomy.
7. Rethinking Core–Periphery Relations.
8: Europe and Democracy.
9: EU Enlargement.