The French New Wave: An Artistic School is a lively introduction to this critical moment in film history by one of the world's leading scholars on the New Wave.
- Provides a concise account of the French New Wave by one of the world's leading film scholars.
- Outlines the essential traits of the New Wave and defines it as a school that changed international film history forever.
- Includes a chronology of major political and cultural events of the New Wave, black-and-white images, and an extensive bibliography.
1. A Journalistic Slogan and a New Generation.
2. A Critical Concept.
3. A Mode of Production and Distribution.
4. A Technical Practice, an Aesthetic.
5. New Themes and New Bodies: Characters and Actors.
6. The New Wave's International Influence and Legacy Today.
Appendix: Chronology of Major Political and Cultural Events.