This updated edition reports on how this explanation has stood the test of time. A new chapter outlines developments in neuropsychological research that have taken place since the book was first published and reviews the growing body of work on the neurological basis of autism. The accessible style and structure of the original edition have been retained, with information and references updated throughout.
1. What is Autism?.
2. The Enchantment of Autism.
3. Lessons from History.
4. Is there an Autism Epidemic?.
5. Mind–reading and Mind–Blindness.
6. Autism Aloneness.
7. The Difficulty of Talking to Others.
8. Intelligence and Special Talent.
9. A Fragmented World.
10. Sensations and Repetitions.
11. Seeing the Brain through a Scanner.
12. A Different Brain A Different Mind.