- Examines unequal access to information technology in the United States.
- Analyses the success or failure of policies designed to address the digital divide.
- Draws on extensive fieldwork in several US cities.
- Makes recommendations for future public policy.
- Series editor: Manuel Castells.
List of Figures.
List of Tables.
1. Redefining the Digital Divide.
2. The Dimensions of the Digital Divide.
3. The Role of CTCs within the Community Technology Movement: Marla K. Nelson, Rutgers University.
4. Support for Bridging the Gap.
5. Community Technology and Youth.
6. Training Disadvantaged Workers for IT Jobs.
7. The Organizational Divide: Josh Kirschenbaum and Radhika Kunamneni, PolicyLink.
8. Building the Bridge: Learning from Seattle.
9. Toward a New Agenda.
Appendix 1: Research Strategy and Methodology.
Appendix 2: Community Technology Survey.
Appendix 3: Analysis of Survey Results.
Appendix 4: World Wide Web References.