- Introduces sociological perspectives on social divisions and differences.
- Draws on examples mainly from the UK and the US.
- Uses ideas of citizenship and social justice to analyse social divisions.
- Looks at the inter-relationship between various social divisions and differences.
- Forms part of a four-book series on sociology and society.
For more information about this book and the Sociology & Society series, visit the accompanying website at [external URL]
Social Differences and Divisions: Introduction (Peter Braham and Linda Jones).
Chapter 1. ‘Place, Lifestyle and Social Divisions’ (Linda Jones and Gerry Mooney).
Chapter 2. ‘Social Exclusion and Class Analysis’ (Mike Savage).
Chapter 3. ‘Understanding Gender Divisions: Feminist Perspectives’ (Linda Jones).
Chapter 4. ‘Race, Power and Knowledge’ (Karim Murji).
Chapter 5. ‘Citizenship’ (Bryan S. Turner).
Chapter 6. ‘Social Justice’ (Peter Braham).
Chapter 7. ‘Education, Housing and Social Justice’ (Peter Braham and Norma Sherratt).
Reading in Social Differences and Divisions.