- Introduces students to debates about social change.
- Presents an original and in depth interpretation of social change.
- Includes readings that present a wide range of international case studies.
- Develops students' skills of textual analysis.
- Forms part of a four-book series on sociology and society.
For more information about this book and the Sociology & Society series, visit the accompanying website at [external URL]
Social Change: Introduction:Tim Jordan And Steve Pile.
1. Social Change And City Life: Steve Pile.
2. Contesting Times: Conflicting Histories In Post-Colonial Contexts: Tony Bennett.
3. From Industrial To Information Society: Peter Hamilton.
4. New Media And Time–Space Configuration: Hugh Mackay.
5. Up Close And Personal: The Changing Face Of Intimacy: Kath Woodward.
6. The Regulation Of The Self: Mitchell Dean.
7. Totalities And Multiplicities: Thinking About Social Change: Tim Jordan.
Readings In Social Change.