British Medical Journal said of the fourth edition, `,Although this book is clearly orientated to bedside problems, it never fails to explain the
Preface to First Edition.
1. Formation Blood Cells; Bone Marrow Biopsy.
2. The Red Cell; Basic Aspects of Anaemia.
3. Hypochromic Anaemia: Iron Deficiency and Siberoblastic Anaemia.
4. The Megaloblastic Anaemias.
5. Anaemia in Systemic Disorder; Diagnosis in Normochromic Normocytic Anaemia.
6. Pancytopenia; Aplastic Anaemias.
7. Disorders of Haemoglobin Structure and Synthesis.
8. The Haemolytic Anaemias.
9. White Cells: Neutrophilia and Eosinophilia; Neutropenia and Agranulocytosis; Infectious Monoucleosis.
10. The Leukaemias.
11. Tumours of Lymphiod Tissues; The Paraproteinaemias.
12. Polycythaemia; Myelofibrosis.
13. The Spleen: Hypersplenism and Splenomgaly.
14. The Haemorrhagic Disorder; Capillary and Platelet Defects.
15. Coagulation Disorder.
16. Thrombosis: Clinical Features and Management.
17. Blood Groups; Blood Transfusion; Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome.