- the children?s pre–placement experiences
- the quality of preparatory work with the children and families
- the characteristics of the new parents and their parenting style
- the children?s emotional and behavioural difficulties
- the development of relationships within the new family
- the type and quality of post–placement support
Aims, Design, Sampling and Methodology.
Outcomes After One Year in Placement.
The Children′s Backgrounds, Health and Behaviour.
New Family Characteristics and Placement Arrangements.
Preparation of the Child.
Pre–placement Work with New Families.
The Children′s Adjustment at Home.
The Development of New Relationships.
The Children in School.
New Parents′ Experiences: Stresses and Supports, Crises and Disruptions.
Post–placement Social Work Support.
Parenting Approaches and Responses.
Predicting Placement Stability.
Implications for Practice, Policy, Management and the Law.
List of Figures.
List of Tables.