Thinking and Reasoning includes an abundance of illustrative examples of reasoning problems, many of which the reader can attempt to solve before reading on to find the solution. This text will provide the ideal introduction to thinking and reasoning.
1. Historical Background.
2. The Building Blocks of Thought.
3. Language and Thought.
5. Deductive Reasoning.
6. Syllogistic Reasoning.
8. Hypothesis Testing.
9. Statistical Reasoning.
10. Decision Making.
11. Problem Solving.
12. Game Playing and Expertise.
14. Everyday Reasoning.
15. Teaching Thinking.
16. The Development of Thinking: Piagetian and Information–Processing Approaches.
17. The Development of Thinking: Scientific and Conceptual Thought.
18. A Framework for the Study of Thinking.