Dealing in turn with a range of issues in applied developmental psychology, the contributors to Influencing Children′s Development examine the impact of psychological research in contributing to strategies of interventions, as well as to the understanding of some of the conditions of childhood. The topics covered include some where development is affected by sensory or intellectual impairments and others, as for example in education, where the lives of the great majority of children have been influenced by the work of psychologists.
In presenting these topics as a collection, this book provides the opportunity to identify the impact of the most influential psychological perspectives over a wide range of specific services for children.
2. Teaching and Learning: Dorothy Faulkner.
3. Children and Computers: Karen Littleton.
4. Giftedness: Victor Lee.
5. Children as Witnesses: Ray Bull and Peter Barnes.
6. Language Impairment and Dyslexia: Dennis Bancroft.
7. Psychology and Deafness: Susan Gregory.
8. Psychological Intervention: Downs Syndrome and Autism: Dorothy Faulkner and Vicky Lewis.
9. Child Therapies: John Oates, Rudi Dallos and Masud Hoghughi.