Cultural Studies: An Anthology, this hands–on guide introduces students to the diverse fields that comprise Cultural Studies, from visual culture to popular music and new media.
With an emphasis on student exercises and activities, Ryan teaches cultural analysis through practical examples and applications. More than just a summary of the major ideas in the field, this wide–ranging introduction gives students of many disciplines the tools to become practitioners of Cultural Studies and active cultural analysts.
1. Policy and Industry.
2. Place, Space, and Geography.
3. Gender and Sexuality.
7. Identity, Lifestyle, and Subculture.
8. Consumer Culture and Fashion Studies.
10. Media Studies.
11. Visual Culture.
12. Audience, Performance, and Celebrity.
13. Bodies and Things.
14. Transnationality, Globalization, and Postcoloniality.