Easy Statistics in Psychology: A BPS Guide is compact, accessible, highly readable, new text on psychological statistics. Using simple language, avoiding complexities commonly associated with the topic, this book is written in a friendly, approachable style that is supportive off the needs of the reader. Packed with helpful analogies that will help the first–time students of psychological statistics to understand the thoughts behind the formulae, this text focuses on the ideas and practicalities of statistics in psychology, as opposed to the numbers and formulae only.
1. An Introduction to Measuring Things.
2. Variance and More.
3. Probability, Power and Error.
4. First Steps in Inferential Testing.
5. Analysis of Variance.
6. Correlation and Regression.
7. Factor Analysis.
8. Goodness of Fit and Chi–Squared.
9. Non–parametric Tests.
10. Rarely Used Tests in the Seedy Underbelly of Statistics.