- shares the results of three decades of research on our notions of happiness
- covers the most important advances in our understanding of happiness
- offers readers unparalleled access to the world's leading experts on happiness
- provides "real world" examples that will resonate with general readers as well as scholars
Winner of the 2008 PSP Prose Award for Excellence in Psychology, Professional and Scholarly Publishing Division of the Association of American Publishers
Part 1: Understanding true wealth.
1. Psychological Wealth: The Balanced Portfolio.
2. Two Principles of Psychological Wealth.
Part 2: Happy people function better.
3. Health and Happiness.
4. Happiness and Social Relationships: – You Can’t Do Without Them.
5. Happiness at Work: It Pays to be Happy.
Part 3: Causes of happiness and genuine wealth.
6. Can Money Buy Happiness?
7. Religion, Spirituality, and Happiness.
8. The Happiest Places on Earth: Culture and Well-being.
9. Nature and Nurture - Is There a Happiness Set-Point, and Can You Change It?
10. Our Crystal Balls: Happiness Forecasting.
11. Taking AIM: Attention, Interpretation, and Memory.
Part 4: Putting it all together.
12. Yes, You Can Be Too Happy.
13. Living Happily Ever After.
14. Measuring Your Psychological Wealth.
Epilogue: About the Science of Happiness.
Robert Biswas-Diener Center for Applied Positive Psychology, UK.