This volume is an excellent resource that offers a clear understanding of risk from a social science perspective and establishes the basis for further theorizing and future research. Ultimately it offers a comprehensive look at the promises, pitfalls, and perspectives of risk theorizing.
2. Risk society and reflexive modernisation: Wolfgang Bonß.
3. Governmentality and risk:Pat O′Malley.
4. Systems theory and risk:Klaus–Peter Japp & Isabel Kusche.
5. Edgework, risk and uncertainty: Stephen Lyng.
6. Culture and risk: John Tulloch.
7. Comparison and perspectives of sociological theorizing on risk and uncertainty: Jens O. Zinn