- Increased conciseness in writing style and structure;
- Improved design, and better and more illustrations;
- Three brand new chapters, covering the brain, health psychology and careers in psychology;
- Regular 'methodology' boxes, aimed at opening up and demystifying this complex area;
- Combination and re-ordering of topics to enable a smoother transition between chapters;
- More in-chapter exercises to illustrate or develop specific themes.
- More examples from everyday life to give real-life relevance to psychological research;
- Fully referenced material, without the text itself being hindered by long lists of authors; all references are listed by chapter at the end of the book.
A lively, informative and accessible read, Psychology and You is the perfect taster for students new to psychology.
List of figures.
List of tables.
Preface and Acknowledgements to the Third Edition.
1. Introduction: Beginning to Understand You.
2. Body Language.
3. Your Personality.
4. Your Sex: On Being Male or Female.
5. You and Others.
6. Your Emotions.
7. Your Brain.
8. Your Health.
9. Your Development across the Lifespan.
10. Psychological Problems.
11. Your View of the World: Perception and Thinking.
12. Learning about Your World.
13. You and Other Animals.
14. What Psychologists Can Do - for You?.
Elizabeth M. Ockleford University of Leicester.
Kevin Howells University of Birmingham.
David J. Hargreaves University of Surrey Roehampton.
Diane J. Wildbur University of Leicester.