This book is written by authors who all have extensive experience of teaching undergraduates and adult education/lifelong learning students. They are also active in research in a variety of fields of psychology and have published widely. A lively, informative and accessible read, Psychology and You is unique in the way that it explains psychological concepts in relation to people′s behaviour and their everyday lives, and as such is the perfect taster for students new to psychology.
List of figures.
List of tables.
Preface and Acknowledgements to the Third Edition.
1. Introduction: Beginning to Understand You.
2. Body Language.
3. Your Personality.
4. Your Sex: On Being Male or Female.
5. You and Others.
6. Your Emotions.
7. Your Brain.
8. Your Health.
9. Your Development across the Lifespan.
10. Psychological Problems.
11. Your View of the World: Perception and Thinking.
12. Learning about Your World.
13. You and Other Animals.
14. What Psychologists Can Do – for You?.