Foreword by Victoria M. Esses.
1. Introduction: Reflecting on The Nature of Prejudice: Fifty Years after Allport. (John F. Dovidio, Peter Glick and Laurie A. Rudman).
Part I: Preferential Thinking.
2. What is the Problem? Prejudice as an Attitude–in–Context. (Alice H. Eagly and Amanda B. Diekman).
3. Social Cognition and Prejudgment. (Susan T. Fiske).
4. Ingroup Affiliations and Prejudice. (Rupert Brown and Hanna Zagefka).
5. Categorization, Recategorization, and Intergroup Bias. (Samuel L. Gaertner and John F. Dovidio).
6. Paternalism and the "Rejection" of Outgroups. (Mary R. Jackman).
7. Rejection of Women? Beyond Prejudice as Antipathy. (Laurie A. Rudman).
Part II: Group Differences.
8. Group Differences and Stereotype Accuracy. (Charles M. Judd and Bernadette Park).
9. The Psychological Impact of Prejudice. (Brenda Major and S. Brooke Vick).
10. Mechanisms for Coping with Victimization: Self–Protection Plus Self–Enhancement. (James M. Jones).
Part III: Perceiving and Thinking About Group Differences.
11. Cognitive Process: Reality Constraints and Integrity Concerns in Social Perception. (Vincent Yzerbyt and Olivier Cornielle).
12. Linguistic Factors: Antilocutions, Ethnonyms, Ethnophaulisms, and Other Varieties of Hate Speech. (Brian Mullen and Tirza Leader).
13. Stereotypes in Our Culture. John T. Jost (New York University) and David L. Hamilton (University of California, Santa Barbara).
Part IV: Sociocultural Factors.
14. Instrumental Relations Among Groups: Group Competition, Conflict, and Prejudice. (Victoria M. Esses, Lynne M. Jackson, John F. Dovidio, and Gordon Hodson).
15. Choice of Scapegoats. (Peter Glick).
16. Allport′s Intergroup Contact Hypothesis: Its History and Influence. (Thomas F. Pettigrew and Linda R. Tropp).
17. Intergroup Contact: When Does it Work, and Why? (Jared B. Kenworthy, Rhiannon N. Turner, Miles Hewstone, Alberto Voci).
Part V. Acquiring Prejudice.
18. Conformity and Prejudice. (Christian S. Crandall and Charles Stangor).
19. The Development of Prejudice in Childhood and Adolescence. (Frances E. Aboud).
20. Breaking the Prejudice Habit: Allport′s "Inner Conflict" Revisited. (Patricia G. Devine).
21. Inner Conflict in the Political Psychology of Racism. (David O. Sears).
Part VI. The Dynamics of Prejudice.
22. Aggression, Hatred, and Other Emotions. (Eliot R. Smith and Diane M. Mackie).
23. Allport′s "Living Inkblots": The Role of Defensive Projection in Stereotyping and Prejudice. (Leonard S. Newman and Tracy L. Caldwell).
Part VII. Character Structure.
24. Personality and Prejudice. (John Duckitt).
25. Religion and Prejudice. (C. Daniel Batson and E. L. Stocks).
Part VIII. Reducing Group Tensions.
26. Intergroup Relations Program Evaluation. (Walter G. Stephan and Cookie White Stephan).