Bernard Boar, internationally recognized expert and IT consultant for Fortune 500 companies, overhauls his bestselling book on IT strategy to help IT professionals take on the new challenges of the hyper–competitive digital age. From assessing your business needs to setting objectives to putting your plan into gear, Boar takes you through the entire strategic planning process, showing you not only how to run your department more efficiently but also how to leverage IT resources to ensure a competitive advantage for your company.
With 50 percent new material in this edition, you’ll discover a wealth of proven tools and techniques for using IT as a competitive business asset, including:
- Analytical methods to help identify areas in need of strategic planning
- How to choose the best strategy framework for your company from five different frameworks
- Quality control checks that every IT manager must know
- How to take advantage of such technologies as e–commerce, data warehousing, architectures, and Java to help your business succeed
- How to administer the process from concept to implementation while involving all areas of the enterprise
Strategic Planning for Information Technology.
Managing IT for Competitive Advantage.
Appendix A: Aphorisms of Strategy.
Appendix B: Glossary.
Appendix C: Customer Satisfaction Measurements.