1. An Introduction to Psychological Research Methods: Course Content and Pedagogical Considerations.
2. Getting Ready to Teach.
3. Teaching Psychology as a Science.
4. Ethical Considerations in Psychological Research: Teaching Issues.
5. Teaching Reliability and Validity.
6. Teaching the Distinction between Experimental and Nonexperimental Research Methods.
7. Teaching the Relation between Statistics and Research Methods.
8. Teaching the Distinction between Large–N and Small–N Research Designs.
9. The Laboratory as Teaching Tool.
10. Innovative Approaches to Teaching Research Methods.
11. Reflection and Revision.
Appendix: Professional Development Resources in the Teaching of Psychology.