Health Psychology in Practice provides a comprehensive overview of the competences required for professional training in the UK (BPS Stage 2 Qualification in Health Psychology). Sections cover the areas of research, consultancy and teaching and training competencies as well as describing some of the professional roles that health psychologists are developing within the National Health Service and other organisations. The book details the requirements of the qualification, including the assessment procedures, and sets out what trainees must be able to do in order to attain it. The final chapter contains a series of individual commentaries on health psychology training in a variety of countries, which will be of great interest to an international audience. Susan Michie and Charles Abraham have both helped to establish the Stage 2 qualification and so are ideally placed to edit this text.
1. Health Psychology In Practice: Introduction: Susan Michie And Charles Abraham.
Part I: Training Models:.
2. Training In Health Psychology: The UK Model: Susan Michie, Charles Abraham And Marie Johnston (University Of St Andrews).
3. International Commentaries: The European Framework: Teresa Mendonça Mcintyre (University Of Minho); Susan Folkman (University Of California At San Francisco); Susan J. Paxton (La Trobe University); Hannah Mcgee (Royal College Of Surgeons In Ireland); Denise De Ridder And Karlein Schreurs (Utrecht University) And Teresa Mendonça Mcintyre.
Part II: Research:.
4. Using Theory In Research: Charles Abraham.
5. Planning Research: Design, Sample, Measures: Stephen Sutton (University Of Cambridge) And David P. French (University Of Birmingham).
6. Analysing And Reporting Data In Health Research: Daniel B. Wright And Kate Kelley (University Of Sussex).
7. Designing And Conducting Qualitative Studies: Sheila Payne (University Of Sheffield).
8. Planning And Conducting Systematic Reviews: Mark Petticrew (University Of Glasgow) And Simon Gilbody (University Of Leeds).
9. Writing Grant Applications: Stanton Newman (University College London).
10. Writing For Publication: Susan Michie And Robert West (St George′s Hospital Medical School, London).
Part III: Consultancy And Interventions:.
11. Using Theory In Psychological Interventions: Gerjo Kok And Herman Schaalma (Maastricht University).
12. Consultancy: Planning, Implementation And Evaluation: Louise Earll (Gloucestershire Royal Hospital) And Julian Bath (Gloucestershire Royal Hospital).
13. Health Psychology Within Organizational Contexts: Eamonn Ferguson (University Of Nottingham) And Máire Kerrin (City University London).
14. Changing Behaviour To Improve Health: Paul Bennett (University Of Wales, Swansea); Mark Conner (University Of Leeds) And Gaston Godin (Laval University).
15. Studying And Changing Health Care Professionals’ Behaviour: Anne Walker (University Of Aberdeen).
Part IV: Training And Teaching:.
16. Developing And Evaluating Training And Teaching: Helen Winefield (University Of Adelaide).
17. Supervising Effectively: Sandra Horn (University Of Southampton).
Part V: Professional Roles And Practice:.
18. Health Psychology Within Health Service Settings: Claire N. Hallas (Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Trust, UK).
19. A Framework For Professional Practice: Susan Michie.