Uniquely, this text deals exclusively with such disorders in children and draws together the rapidly expanding but widely scattered knowledge in the field. It is a highly practical text, written by clinical neurologists with long experience in physiology, histopathology and management of neuropathy.
This second edition retains the basic structure of its successful predecessor and continues to be liberally illustrated with real case histories. However, extensive revisions and expansion of the text have enabled it to encompass the major developments, including recent advances in molecular biology and therapy of metabolic and inflammatory neuropathies.
2. Development of the human peripheral nervous system.
3. Pathophysiology of peripheral neuropathy.
4. Investigation of peripheral neuropathy.
5. Acute inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy.
6. Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy.
7. The peroneal muscular atrophy syndrome.
8. The ataxic neuropathies.
9. Sensory neuropathies.
10. Neuropathies in metabolic and degenerative disorders.
11. Toxic neuropathies.
12. Neuropathies in systemic diseases.
13. Hereditary neuropathy with liability to pressure palsies (Tomaculous neuropathy).
14. Miscellaneous neuropathies.
15. Focal lesions of peripheral nerves