Combining the skills of journalistic research and academic scholarship, this engaging and accessible book carefully untangles the
News of the World s Sarah s Law and presents, for the first time, the behind–the–scenes reaction to the newspaper. It contains an enlightening series of interviews with paedophiles, both in a penal setting and after release, in England, Wales and North America, as well as interviews with the victims of sexual abuse.
This important and timely book will be of interest to anyone who wishes to understand the complexity of the problem posed by paedophiles and how we can make our communities safer places for children.
1. A Short History Of Sex Offending.
3. Beyond Victimhood.
4. Dealing With Paedophiles Within The Penal System.
5. Protecting The Community.
7. Communities In Need Of Community Notification′.
8. Named And Shamed.
9. ′Charlie′s Angels′ And How To Protect Our Children.