This book will be an essential resource for any scholar interested in the history of social psychology, as well as upper-level students studying the history of the social sciences.
List of Abbreviations..
I: The Quest for a Social Psychology of Human Beings.
1. The Birth of a New Science.
2. Two Sources of Modern Social Psychology..
II. The West European Experiment.
3. The West European Experiment.
3. Americans and Europeans.
4. The Transnational Committee: from New York to Rome.
5. The European Map of Social Psychology in the Mid-1960s.
6. The Second Milestone for European Social Psychology.
7. The Louvain Summer School.
8. The Ford Foundation and Fundraising for Europe..
III. The east European Experiment.
9. The First Encounter of a Small Science with Big History.
10. A Strange Animal..
IV. The Latin American Experiment.
11. Latin American Odyssey.
12. A Second Encounter with History.
13. An 'Invisible College.'.
V. Crossing the Atlantic.
14. A Crisis Delayed.
15. Crossing the Atlantic.
16. Pilgrims' Progress.
17. Rays and Shadows above the Transnational Committee.