This book will provide you with an introduction to Inferno, and everything you need to know about building applications with Limbo.
The book focuses on the pragmatic aspects of developing Inferno applications with the Limbo language. It includes complete source code for several application examples, ranging from a text editor, file servers and network servers, to graphical applications such as games. Common programming pitfalls are revealed and in–depth analysis of complete sample applications are given.
Also covered in the text are sections on:
- Accessing Inferno system facilities from Limbo programs
- Building multi–threaded applications with Limbo
- Implementing user level file servers in Limbo
- Networking in Inferno and constructing networked applications in Limbo
- Graphical applications in Inferno
- Augmenting Limbo applications with modules written in the C programming language
- Cryptographic facilities provided by Inferno
- Tools for verification of concurrent multi–threaded programs, such as model checkers
- Relevant manual pages and Limbo module definitions
An Overview of Limbo.
Programming with Threads.
Appendix A Limbo Language Grammar.
Appendix B Module Reference.
Appendix C Selected Manual Pages.