There is no prior text to guide anger treatment provision to this client group. This text presents a manual-guided cognitive-behavioural anger treatment protocol, grounded in a solid theoretical framework and empirical evidence for its efficacy in clinical practice. The assessment and treatment approach is designed to engage and motivate patients with recurrent and deep-rooted anger problems and their manifestation in serious aggressive behaviour. Accompanying the treatment protocol are a number of worksheets, handouts, and exercise sheets for clinicians and clients that can be accessed online.
1. Anger and Aggression: Conceptual Background and Historical Perspective.
2. Anger and its Dysregulation: A Guiding Framework.
3. Anger Treatment Effectiveness.
4. Emotional Problems, Aggression and Psychotherapy for People with Developmental Disabilities.
5. Anger Treatment for People with Developmental Disabilities.
6. Issues in Anger Assessment and Treatment Evaluation.
7. Development, Delivery and Maintenance of a Cognitive-Behavioural Anger Treatment Protocol for People with Developmental Disabilities.
8. Anger Treatment Protocol - Preparatory Phase.
9. Anger Treatment Protocol - Treatment Phase.
10. Therapist Training, Supervision and Process Considerations (Bruce T. Gillmer).
11. Anger Treatment for Women with Developmental Disabilities (Alison Robertson).
Raymond W. Novaco University of California Irvine, USA.