- The first text to bring together in a single volume the arguments and evidence in the field
- The first genuine introduction to this topic
- The author is adept at providing the reader with useful summaries and evaluations of the key arguments and points
Part I: The Global Institution of Television:.
1. Modernity and Global Television.
2. What is Global Television?.
Part II: Primetime Goes Global: Programmes and Audiences:.
3: Global Soaps and Global News.
4. Television and Global Audiences.
5. Television, Identity and Global Audiences.
6. The Global and the Local: Cultural Imperialism.
7. Conclusion: The Future of Global Television?.