adapted behaviour modification approach which is effective in helping to improve children s behaviours and the parent–child relationship.
Pointers for Parenting for Mental Health Service Professionals is an accessible resource for processionals that work with children and families, for example, clinical psychologists, psychiatrists, school medical officers and social workers. It will also be of use to people training in these areas.
Preface and Overview of the Book.
2. Children and parents: some general considerations.
3. Clinical concerns, raised by parents, which have theoretical underpinnings.
4. Essential preliminaries and some key pointers.
5. Important general pointers for parents.
6. An adapted, acceptable, and effective behaviour modifi cation approach.
7. From pointers to practice.