MDSD is about using domain–specific languages to create models that express application structure or behaviour in an efficient and domain–specific way. These models are subsequently transformed into executable code by a sequence of model transformations.
This practical guide for software architects and developers is peppered with practical examples and extensive case studies. International experts deliver:
- A comprehensive overview of MDSD and how it relates to industry standards such as MDA and Software Factories.
- Technical details on meta modeling, DSL construction, model–to–model and model–to–code transformations, and software architecture.
- Invaluable insight into the software development process, plus engineering issues such as versioning, testing and product line engineering.
- Essential management knowledge covering economic and organizational topics, from a global perspective.
Get started and benefit from some practical support along the way!
2. MDSD Basic Ideas and Terminology.
3. Case Study: A Typical Web Application.
4. Concept Formation.
Part II: Domain Architectures.
7. MDSD–Capable Target Architectures.
8. Building Domain Architectures.
9. Code Generation Techniques.
10. Model Transformation Techniques.
11. MDSD Tools: Roles, Architecture, Selection Criteria,
12. The MDA Standard.
Part III: Processes and Engineering.
13. MDSD Process Building Blocks and Best Practices.
16. Case Study: Embedded Component Infrastructures.
17. Case Study: An Enterprise System.
Part IV: Management.
18. Decision Support.
1.9 Organizational Aspects.
20. Adoption Strategies for MDSD.