Pelvic Dysfunction in Men Diagnosis and Treatment of Male Incontinence and Erectile Dysfunction is the follow up textbook to Conservative Treatment of Male Urinary Incontinence and Erectile Dysfunction (2001). This new comprehensive textbook has been extensively updated and has seven new chapters. This practical text will provide greater knowledge of conservative treatment in this speciality. Key features include:
- History of the male pelvic floor
- Anatomy and physiology of the lower urinary tract
- Prostate conditions
- Urinary incontinence
- Pelvic pain in men
- Patient assessment
- Conservative treatment
- Faecal incontinence
- Male sexual dysfunction
- Male continence assessment form
Pelvic Dysfunction in Men Diagnosis and Treatment of Male Incontinence and Erectile Dysfunction is a useful reference tool for urologists, urology nurses, continence nurses, physiotherapists and GPs. The avid reader and questioning research student will find the references provide further fascinating reading.
List of Tables
1. History of the Male Pelvic Floor.
2. Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms.
3. Anatomy and Physiology of the Lower Urinary Tract.
4. Nervous Control of Lower Urinary Tract Function.
5. Prostate Conditions.
6. Urinary Incontinence.
7. Pelvic Pain.
8. Patient Assessment.
9 Conservative Treatment.
10. Literature Review of Treatment Before and After Prostatectomy.
11. Treatment of post–prostatectomy patients.
13. Faecal Incontinence.
14. Male Sexual Dysfunction.
15. Treatment of male sexual dysfunction.
16. Setting up a Continence Service.
Appendix: Male Continence Assessment Form.
Physiotherapy Journal, March 2010)
"This is a welcome addition to the field and should be of interest to a wide variety of healthcare providers who care for these patients." (
Doody′s Health Services )
"...an essential reference book for physiotherapists working in the field of male pelvic floor disorders simple layout " ( Association of Psychotherapists in Women′s Health , September 2006)