Prepare for two OCA certification exams with this one book
Study, practice, and review for OCA certification in Oracle 11g, Oracle′s new release of its top–selling database software. Inside this in–depth guide, you′ll find full coverage of essential topics for two required OCA certification exams: SQL Fundamentals I (1Z0–051) and Administration I (1Z0–052). Explore topics such as basic SQL SELECT statements, group functions, creating schema objects, restricting and sorting data, and much more with this essential two–in–one guide. Inside, you′ll find:
- Full coverage of all exam objectives in a systematic approach, so you can be confident you′re getting the instruction you need for the exam
Practical hands–on exercises to reinforce critical skills
Real–world scenarios that put what you′ve learned in the context of actual job roles
Challenging review questions in each chapter to prepare you for exam day
Exam Essentials, a key feature in each chapter that identifies critical areas you must become proficient in before taking the exam
A handy tear card that maps every official exam objective to the corresponding chapter in the book, so you can track your exam prep objective by objective
Look inside for complete coverage of all exam objectives.
Featured on the CD
SYBEX TEST ENGINE:
Test your knowledge with advanced testing software. Includes all chapter review questions and bonus exams.
Reinforce your understanding with flashcards that can run on your PC, Pocket PC, or Palm handheld.
Also on CD, you′ll find the entire book in searchable and printable PDF. Study anywhere, any time, and approach the exam with confidence.
1. Basic SQL SELECT Statements.
2. Single–Row Functions.
3. Group Functions.
4. Joins and Sub–queries.
5. Modifying Data.
6. Creating Tables.
7. Creating Schema Objects.
Part II: Oracle Database 11g: Administration I.
8. Oracle Database 11g Components and Architecture.
9. Create an Oracle11g Database.
10. Database Storage and Schema Objects.
11. Oracle Network Architecture.
12. Security and Auditing.
13. Managing Data and Undo.
14. Proactive Maintenance and Performance Monitoring.
15. Implementing Database Backups.
16. Recovering Database.
17. EM Tools and Data Utilities.