With a sharp intellect and engaging writing style, Field examines the most recent studies on infants, exploring cutting–edge research related to a range of intriguing topics from prenatal problems to motor skills and personality development. Enlightening and intelligent, featuring a breadth of accessible information, The Amazing Infant is essential reading for students, parents, and professionals alike.
2. Being a fetus (Prenatal Growth and Development.
3. Coming into the world (The Perinatal Period).
4. Being in tune with the world (The Early Senses).
5. Body–Talk with Parents and Others (Social Development).
6. Being Emotional and Temperamental (Emotional and Personality Development).
7. Moving Around in the World and Making Objects Do Things and Things Happen (Motor and Cognitive Development).
8. Finally Using Words (Language Development).
9. Taking Turns with Peers (More Social Development).
My Diary on Tory s First Year.
Glossary on Infant Caregiving.