The Science of ADHD is highly multidisciplinary, covering the areas of genetics, neuroscience, psychology and treatment. The ever increasing scientific evidence is described and discussed, informing the reader of the limitations of the science, but also the benefits that scientific enquiry can bring to understanding what goes on in the ADHD brain.
1. What is ADHD?
2. Diagnosis, Epidemiology and Comorbidity.
3. Causality and the environmental hypotheses of ADHD.
4. Psychological theories of ADHD.
5. The Genetics of ADHD.
6. The Neuroscience of ADHD.
7. Psychostimulant Treatment of ADHD.
8. Non–stimulant Medication and Non–pharmacological Treatment.
9. Addiction, Reward and ADHD.
10. The Past, Present and Future Science of ADHD.