2. Redefining the ′Rural Question′: The New ′Politics of the Rural′ and Social Policy: Michael Woods.
3. Rural Movements in Europe: Scandinavia and the Accession States: Vanessa Halhead.
4. Market–based Governance and the Challenge for Rural Governments: US Trends: Mildred E. Warner.
5. Between Decentralized Planning and Neo–liberalism: Challenges for the Survival of the Indigenous People of Kerala, India: Darley Jose Kjosavik, Nadarajah Shanmugaratnam.
6. Child Health in Rural Mexico: Has Progresa Reduced Children′s Morbidity Risks?: Maria C. Huerta.
7. Rurality and Social Inclusion: A Case of Preschool Education: Mark Shucksmith, Janet Shucksmith, Joyce Watt.
8. Jobs in the Bush: Global Industries and Inclusive Rural Development: Robyn Eversole, John Martin.
9. Older People ′on the Edge′ in the Countrysides of Europe: George Giacinto Giarchi.
10. Spinning the Rural Agenda: The Countryside Alliance, Fox Hunting and Social Policy: Alison Anderson.