It can be tricky developing for all mobile platforms and there are a lot of traps along the way. This guide helps you navigate around the roadblocks, providing you with the steps to set up your development environment and the tools and patterns to build your mobile app. It also arms you with strategies to best leverage your code base to support the wide variety of platforms. From simple HTML–based web apps to complex examples using Appcelerator or PhoneGap, you′ll find everything you need to dive in and create the coolest apps available.
Professional Mobile Application Development:
- Shows you how to create consumable web services for mobile devices
- Walks you through the design and development of mobile user interfaces
- Uncovers what you need to get started coding mobile websites
- Gives you the tools to start developing apps on Android iOS, Windows® Phone 7, and BlackBerry® devices
- Describes how to use the leading software to build more robust apps in a shorter time
- Explains how to set standards and offers guidelines for development teams
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
CHAPTER 1: PRELIMINARY CONSIDERATIONS 1
CHAPTER 2: DIVING INTO MOBILE: APP OR WEBSITE? 11
CHAPTER 3: CREATING CONSUMABLE WEB SERVICES FOR MOBILE DEVICES 37
CHAPTER 4: MOBILE USER INTERFACE DESIGN 89
CHAPTER 5: MOBILE WEBSITES 117
CHAPTER 6: GETTING STARTED WITH ANDROID 151
CHAPTER 7: GETTING STARTED WITH IOS 183
CHAPTER 8: GETTING STARTED WITH WINDOWS PHONE 7 229
CHAPTER 9: GETTING STARTED WITH BLACKBERRY 253
CHAPTER 10: GETTING STARTED WITH APPCELERATOR TITANIUM 283
CHAPTER 11: GETTING STARTED WITH PHONEGAP 309
CHAPTER 12: GETTING STARTED WITH MONOTOUCH AND MONO FOR ANDROID 343