- ...understand basic design principles and all digital design paradigms.
- ...understand CAD/CAE/CAM tools available for various design related tasks.
- ...understand how to put an integrated system together to conduct All Digital Design (ADD).
- ...understand industrial practices in employing ADD and tools for product development.
- Provides a comprehensive and thorough coverage of essential elements for product manufacturing and cost estimating using the computer aided engineering paradigm- Covers CAD/CAE in virtual manufacturing, tool path generation, rapid prototyping, and cost estimating; each chapter includes both analytical methods and computer-aided design methods, reflecting the use of modern computational tools in engineering design and practice- A case study and tutorial example at the end of each chapter provides hands-on practice in implementing off-the-shelf computer design tools- Provides two projects at the end of the book showing the use of Pro/ENGINEER® and SolidWorks® to implement concepts discussed in the book
Chapter 2 Virtual Manufacturing Chapter 3 Tool Path Generation Chapter 4 Sheet Metal Forming Simulation
Chapter 5 Rapid Prototyping Chapter 6 Product Cost Estimating
Tutorial projects S4: CNC Machining Simulations with CAMWorks
Tutorial projects P4: CNC Machining Simulations with Pro/Mfg
Project M4: Machining Simulation Using Mastercam
Dr. Kuang-Hua Chang is a David Ross Boyd Professor and Williams Companies Foundation Presidential Professor for the School of Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (AME) at the University of Oklahoma. He received his PhD in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Iowa in 1990. His areas of interest include Virtual Prototyping, CAD, Fatigue and Reliability Analysis, Tools and Information Integration for Concurrent Design and Manufacturing, Solid Freeform Fabrication, and bioengineering applications. His research has been published in eight books and more than 150 articles in international journals and conference proceedings.