Kazakhstan’s Oil and Gas Upstream 2013 is the latest in annual reports based on RPI’s many years of extensive experience and expertise monitoring and evaluating the region’s petroleum industry.
We have updated and released reports annually for six years. Like earlier reports, this 2013 issue provides insights into Kazakhstan’s current petroleum market as well as areas of growth and contraction and their extent. The report forecasts production, exports, and development drilling in Kazakhstan, presenting over 50 maps with license blocks, proximity, and access to the oil and gas pipeline system operated by the Kazakh Committee for Geology and Subsoil Protection.
This new report offers detailed statistics on oil and gas exports by destination market, with data from 2011 and 2012 and brief forecasts for 2013-2020.
This report bases assumptions and projections of scenarios on indepth analysis of proprietary information.
Key sections of the report address the following:
- Kazakhstan’s petroleum market: production, refining, internal consumption, export, industry trends, and forecasts
- The oil and gas pipeline system: condition, usage rates, and expansion projects
- Investment climate in Kazakhstan: regulations, risks, and prospects for industry participants
- Profiles of the 50 production companies operating in Kazakhstan: licenses, reserves, access to oil and gas infrastructure, production and export data, political and economic factors impinging on or promoting a company’s growth
- Kazakhstan’s exploration and production drilling: scope of drilling, major customers and contractors, and forecasts of drilling to 2020
The study is indispensable for those evaluating opportunities to build or expand operations in Kazakhstan:
- Oil and gas companies
- Oilfield service companies
- Equipment manufacturers and suppliers
- Investment and financial institutions
- Construction and engineering companies
- Trading companies
- Governmental and international energy bodies
This product is an important tool
- For strategic decision-making by companies seeking to grow their businesses in Kazakhstan
- For managerial decision-making by companies already present in Kazakhstan
- For other disciplines seeking comprehensive, reliable information on Kazakhstan’s petroleum sector
The study outlines the main trends in Kazakhstan’s upstream sector in the period through 2020.
Oil reserves and resources reserves
Oil production outlook
Gas reserves and resources
Gas processing capacity
Gas production outlook
Outlook for gas consumption, gas exports
1.3 Oil and gas transportation infrastructure
Oil transportation infrastructure
Outlook for development of export capacities
Gas transportation infrastructure
Key transport infrastructure projects
1.4 Investment Climate
Taxation of subsoil users
Chapter 2: Kazakhstan’s oil and gas companies
2.1. Aksai LLP JV
2.2. Altius Petroleum
2.3. ANACO LLP
2.4. Aral Petroleum Capital LLP
2.5. Arman LLP
2.7. Block N Consortium
2.8. Buzachi Operating Ltd.
2.9. Caspi Meruerty Operating Company B.V.
2.11. CNPC-Aktobemunaigas JSC
2.12. Condor Petroleum Inc
2.13. Emir Oil LLC
2.14. Jupiter Energy Ltd.
2.15. Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO)
2.16. Karakudukmunai LLP
2.17. Karazhanbasmunai JSC (CCEL)
2.18. Kazakhmys Petroleum
2.19. Kazakhoil-Aktobe LLP
2.20. Kazgermunai JV
2.21. KazKorMunai LLP (South Karpovsky block)
2.22. KazMunaiGas Exploration and Production (KMG EP)
2.23. Kazpetrol Group LLP
2.24. Kazpolmunai LLP and Tolkynneftegas LLP
2.25. Ken-Sary LLP
2.26. KMK Munai (former Lancaster Petroleum) JSC
2.27. KuatAmlonMunai JV (KAM)
2.28. Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH
2.29. Maten Petroleum
2.30. Max Petroleum PLC
2.31. Meerbusch LLP
2.32. Mangistaumunaigas JV
2.33. MOL Hungarian Oil and Gas Plc.
2.34. North Caspian Operating Company B.V. (NCOC)
2.35. North Caspian Petroleum Ltd.
2.36. PETROLINVEST S.A.
2.37. Petrom S.A.
2.38. PetroKazakhstan Kumkol Resources JSC
2.39. Potential Oil
2.40. Roxi Petroleum PLC
2.41. Sagiz Petroleum Co
2.42. Saigak Kazakhstan B.V.
2.43. Sauts-Oil LLP
2.44. Tengizchevroil JV (TCO)
2.45. Tethys Petroleum Ltd. (TPL)
2.46. Turgai Petroleum CJSC
2.47. Urikhtau Operating LLP
2.48. Zhaikmunai LLP
2.49. Zhalgiztobemunai LLP
2.50. Zhambyl Petroleum LLP
Chapter 3: Drilling Market in Kazakhstan
3.1 Production drilling
3.2 Exploration drilling
3.4 Drilling market prospects in Kazakhstan
APPENDIX 1: Maps of licensed deposits and blocks of hydrocarbon
APPENDIX 2: Maps of main pipelines
West-Kazakhstan, Atyrau, Aktyubinsk provinces
Kostanai, North-Kazakhstan, Akmolinsk, Karaganda provinces
Kyzylorda, South-Kazakhstan, Zhambyl province
Pavlodar, East-Kazakhstan provinces
APPENDIX 3: Table of abbreviations used in the report
APPENDIX 4: Comparative Classification of Hydrocarbon Reserves/Resources
- Aksai LLP JV
- Altius Petroleum
- ANACO LLP
- Aral Petroleum Capital LLP
- Arman LLP
- Atash Company LLP
- Block N Consortium
- Buzachi Operating Ltd.
- Caspi Meruerty Operating Company B.V.
- CNPC- Ai-Dan-Munai
- CNPC-Aktobemunaigas JSC
- Condor Petroleum Inc
- Caspian Zhuldyz (Mertvyi Kultuk project)
- Emir Oil LLC
- Jupiter Energy Ltd.
- Karachaganak Petroleum Operating (KPO)
- Karakudukmunai LLP
- Karazhanbasmunai JSC (CCEL)
- Kazakhmys Petroleum
- Kazakhoil-Aktobe LLP
- Kazgermunai JV
- KazKorMunai LLP (South Karpovsky block)
- KazMunaiGas Exploration and Production (KMG EP)
- Kazpolmunai LLP and Tolkynneftegas LLP
- Ken-Sary LLP
- KMK Munai (former Lancaster Petroleum) JSC
- KuatAmlonMunai JV (KAM)
- Kurmangazy Petroleum LLP
- Maersk Oil Kazakhstan GmbH
- Matin JV
- Max Petroleum PLC
- Meerbusch LLP
- Mangistaumunaigas JV
- North Caspian Operating Company B.V. (NCOC)
- North Caspian Petroleum Ltd.
- PETROLINVEST S.A.
- Petrom S.A.
- PetroKazakhstan Kumkol Resources JSC
- Potential Oil
- Roxi Petroleum PLC
- Sagiz Petroleum Co
- Tengizchevroil JV (TCO)
- Tethys Petroleum Ltd. (TPL)
- Turgai Petroleum CJSC
- Tyub-Karagan Operating Company B.V.
- Zhaikmunai LLP
- Zhalgiztobemunai LLP
- Zhambai LLP
- Zhambyl Petroleum LLP