2. Oxygen-generating gel systems induced by visible light and application to artificial photosynthesis;
3. Gels for the conservation of cultural heritage;
4. Probing DNA assembly into nanoparticles with short DNA;
5. Depth dependent osmotic and swelling properties of cartilage;
6. Theory of fluid lubrication of hydrogels and articular cartilage during compression under an applied load;
7. Matrix modulus affects invasion rate of tumor cells through synthetic hydrogels;
8. Self-assembled gels from biological and synthetic polyelectrolytes;
9. Evaluation of the effects of phenylalanine and carboxylate on the rheological behaviors of small molecule hydrogelators containing naphthalene;
10. Culturing cells on flexible substrates of high refractive indexes;
11. Theory of volume transitions in polyelectrolyte gels;
12. Agglomeration dynamics in thermo-sensitive polymers across the lower critical solution temperature: a molecular dynamics simulation study;
13. Mesoscale simulation of the structure of star acrylated poly(ethylene glycol-co-lactide) hydrogels;
14. Structure and properties of high performance gels made by module assembling method;
15. Thiol coupling based synthesis of temperature-sensitive polymer–peptide conjugates with controlled architecture;
16. Design a biologically inspired nanostructured coating for better osseointegration;
17. Engineered nanostructured coatings for enhanced protein adsorption and cell growth;
18. Photoembossing for surface texturing of films and fibres for biomedical applications;
19. Hydrothermal synthesis of bioinert oxide film on pure Ti: in vitro and in vivo studies;
20. Characterization of silver doped hydroxyapatite prepared by EDTA chelate decomposition method;
21. Sensing of oligopeptides using alternatively-deposited gold nanorods for surface-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry;
22. Novel electrospun bicomponent scaffolds for bone tissue engineering: fabrication, characterization and sustained release of growth factor;
23. Conductive electrospun and micro-stereolithographically produced porous scaffolds as potential neural interface materials;
24. 3D printing fumarate based polymers;
25. Potential bone replacement materials prepared by two methods;
26. Effect of glutaraldehyde on properties of membranes prepared from fish scale collagen;
27. Laser direct-write of embryonic stem cells and cells encapsulated in alginate beads for engineered biological constructs;
28. Development of bisphosphonate-calcium phosphate composites and drug release characteristic;
29. Practical considerations for medical applications using biological grafts and their derivatives;
30. Synthesis of core-shell biopolymer particles using coaxial electrospray;
31. Fibrinogen adsorption on hydroxyapatite, carbonate apatite and gold surfaces in situ detected by quartz crystal microbalance with resistance technique;
32. Development of novel bioelectrocatalytic platform based on in situ generated gold nanoparticles for biomedical applications;
33. Nanomodified endotracheal tubes: spatial analysis of reduced bacterial colonization in a bench top airway model.
Sungho Jin University of California, San Diego.
Noshir Langrana Rutgers University, New Jersey.
J. David Londono
Seeram Ramakrishna National University of Singapore.
Donglu Shi University of Cincinnati.
Richard G. Weiss Georgetown University, Washington DC.