2. Elements of tensor algebra and analysis;
3. Solid mechanics at finite strains;
4. Isotropic nonlinear hyperelasticity;
5. Solutions of simple problems in finitely deformed nonlinear elastic solids;
6. Constitutive equations and anisotropic elasticity;
7. Yield functions with emphasis on pressure-sensitivity;
8. Elastoplastic constitutive equations;
9. Moving discontinuities and boundary value problems;
10. Global conditions of uniqueness and stability;
11. Local conditions for uniqueness and stability;
12. Bifurcation of elastic solids deformed incrementally;
13. Applications of local and global uniqueness and stability criteria to non-associative elastoplasticity;
14. Wave propagation, stability and bifurcation;
15. Post-critical behaviour and multiple shear band formation;
16. A perturbative approach to material instability.
Davide Bigoni is Professor of Solid and Structural Mechanics at the University of Trento, Italy, where he has been head of the Department of Mechanical and Structural Engineering for the past ten years. He was honored as a Euromech Fellow of the European Mechanics Society. He is co-editor of the Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures (an international journal founded by C. R. Steele) and is associate editor of Mechanics Research Communications. He co-edited, with Deseri Luca, Recent Progress in the Mechanics of Defects (2011).