Written by an expert author team,Assessing risk in Sex Offenders: A Practitioner′s Guide examines:
The characteristics of sexual offenders
Methodological considerations in measuring predictive accuracy
Static and dynamic factors
Structured risk assessments
Treatment of sexual offenders
Policy and practicesAssessing Risk in Sex Offenders: A Practitioner′s Guide is an essential resource for clinical and forensic psychologists, forensic psychiatrists, undergraduate and postgraduate students in forensic and clinical psychology, and prison and probation officers.
Preface: The Extent of Sexual Violence and the Risk Approach.
PART I. BACKGROUND, DEVELOPMENTAL FRAMEWORKS AND PREDICTIVE ACCURACY.
1. Characteristics of Sexual Offenders.
2. Developmental Frameworks and Functional Analysis.
3. Methodological Considerations in Measuring Predictive Accuracy.
PART II. STATIC RISK FACTORS.
4. Static Factors Associated with Sexual Recidivism.
5. Actuarial and Clinically Guided Measures.
PART III. DYNAMIC RISK FACTORS.
6. Dynamic Factors Associated with Sexual Recidivism.
7. Treatment and Sexual Recidivism.
PART IV. STRUCTURING RISK ASSESSMENT.
8. Aetiology and Risk.
PART V. POLICY AND PRACTICE.
9. Implementing Risk Management Policy.
10. Improving Risk Assessment Estimates.
11. Strengths Based Approaches to Risk Assessment.