Written by an expert author team, Assessing risk in Sex Offenders: A Practitioner's Guide examines:
- The characteristics of sexual offenders
- Methodological considerations in measuring predictive accuracy
- Static and dynamic factors
- Structured risk assessments
- Treatment of sexual offenders
- Policy and practices
Preface: the Extent of Sexual Violence and the risk Approach.
Part I: Background, Developmental Frameworks and Predictive Accuracy.
1. Characteristics of Sexual Offenders.
2. Developmental Frameworks and Functional Analysis.
3. Methodological Considerations in Measuring Predictive Accuracy.
Part II: Static Risk Factors.
4. Static Factors Associated with Sexual Recidivism.
5. Actuarial and Clinically Guides Measures.
Part III: Dynamic Risk Factors.
6. Dynamic Factors Associated with Sexual Recidivism.
7. Treatment and Sexual Recidivism.
Part IV: Structuring Risk Assessment.
8. Aetiology and Risk.
Part V: Policy and Practice.
9. Implementing Risk Management Policy.
10. Improving Risk Assessment Estimates.
11. Strengths Based Approaches to Risk Assessment.
Kevin D. Browne University of Leicester, UK.
Anthony R. Beech University of Birmingham, UK.