Assessment and Treatment of Sex Offenders: A Handbook also includes a comprehensive literature review on working with sexual offenders, as well as sections on legislation, working with special populations and approaches to managing sex offenders in the community.
List of Contributors.
1. Overview (Anthony R. Beech, Leam A. Craig and Kevin D. Browne).
2. Attachment Problems and Sex Offending (Jackie Craissati).
PART ONE: RISK ASSESSMENT.
3. Factors Associated with Sexual Recidivism (Franca Cortoni).
4. The Predictive Accuracy of Risk Factors and Frameworks (Leam A. Craig, Anthony R. Beech and Leigh Harkins).
PART TWO: APPROACHES TO OFFENDER ASSESSMENT.
5. Sex Offender Risk–Based Case Formulation (Douglas P. Boer, Jo Thakker and Tony Ward).
6. Psychometric Assessment of Sexual Deviance (Leam A. Craig and Anthony R. Beech).
7. Measuring Sexual Deviance: Attention–Based Measures (Carmen L.Z. Gress and D. Richard Laws).
8. The Standardisation of Phallometry (Yolanda Fernandez).
9. Using the Polygraph to Manage Risk in Sex Offenders (Don Grubin).
10. Assessment of Sexual Addiction (Liam E. Marshall and Matt D. O Brien).
PART THREE: ASSESSMENTS FOR SPECIFIC POPULATIONS.
11. Decision Making During the Offending Process: An Assessment Among Subtypes of Sexual Aggressors of Women (Jean Proulx and Eric Beauregard).
12. Internet Sex Offenders (David Middleton).
13. The Assessment of Treatment–Related Issues and Risk in Sex Offenders and Abusers with Intellectual Disability (William R. Lindsay and John L. Taylor).
14. The Peaks: Assessing Sex Offenders in a Dangerous and Severe Personality Disorders Unit (Todd E. Hogue).
15. Predicting Risk of Sexual Recidivism in Juveniles: Predictive Validity of the J–SOAP–II (Robert A. Prentky, Ann Pimental, Deborah J. Cavanaugh and Sue Righthand).
PART FOUR: INTERVENTIONS.
16. Models of Offender Rehabilitation: The Good Lives Model and the Risk–Need–Responsivity Model (Tony Ward, Rachael M. Collie and Patrice Bourke).
17. Modifying Sexual Preferences (William. L. Marshall, Matt D. O Brien and Liam E. Marshall).
18. Advances in the Treatment of Adult Incarcerated Sex Offenders (Ruth E. Mann and William L. Marshall).
19. A Community Residential Treatment Approach for Sexual Abusers: A Description of the Lucy Faithfull Foundation s Wolvercote Clinic and Related Projects (Hilary Eldridge and Donald Findlater).
PART FIVE: ISSUES/INTERVENTIONS FOR SPECIFIC POPULATIONS.
20. Treatment for Men with Intellectual Disabilities and Sexually Abusive Behaviour (Glynis Murphy and Neil Sinclair).
21. Interventions with Sex Offenders with Mental Illness (Tanya Garrett and Brian Thomas–Peter).
22. Working with Sex Offenders with Personality Disorder Diagnoses (Lawrence Jones).
23. Understanding the Complexities and Needs of Adolescent Sex Offenders (Phil Rich).
24. Multisystemic Therapy for Youth with Problem Sexual Behaviors (Elizabeth J. Letourneau, Charles M. Borduin and Cindy M. Schaeffer).
25. Female Sex Offenders: Issues and Considerations in Working with this Population (Hannah J. Ford).
PART SIX: POLICY AND PRACTICE.
26. Working to Prevent Sexual Abuse in the Family (Kevin D. Browne).
27. Police Work with Sex Offenders: Detection, Management and Assessment (Kevin D. Browne).
28. Community Strategies for Managing High–Risk Offenders: The Contribution of Multi–Agency Public Protection Arrangements (Hazel Kemshall and Jason Wood).
29. Actuarial Risk Assessments in USA Courtrooms (Dennis M. Doren).