The most up–to–date research is discussed and a flexible, hands–on framework is provided for practicing hypnotherapy, including:
- detailed guidelines on conducting clinical interviews
- examples of preparing the patient for hypnosis
- templates of clinical scripts for use in sessions
- solutions for dealing with catharsis
- discussion of inter–professional collaboration.
Interventions are suggested for a wide range of stress problems in both adults and children, including anxiety, sexual dysfunctions, sleeping problems, pain and other psychosomatic conditions.
This practical guide provides a useful introduction to hypnotherapy for professionals such as counsellors, psychotherapists, psychiatrists, psychologists and physicians. The breadth of information included ensures it will also appeal to the more experienced clinician.
List of Clinical Hypnosis Scripts.
About the Author.
Chapter 1. Contextual Understandings.
Chapter 2. Hypnosis and Stress.
Chapter 3. The Hypnosis Session: Clinical Issues.
Chapter 4. Ego–Strengthening.
Chapter 5. Hypnoanalytic Approaches.
Chapter 6. Treatment of Specific Problems (1).
Chapter 7. Treatment of Specific Problems (2).
Chapter 8. Children and Families.