Chemistry and Technology of Carbodiimides highlights the synthesis, reactions and industrial importance of this important class of chemicals, including:
- alkyl and arylcarbodiimides
- unsaturated carbodiimides
- halogenated carbodiimides
- acyl–, thioacyl– and imidoylcarbodiimides
- silicon, nitrogen, phosphorus, sulfur and metal substituted carbodiimides
- cyclic carbodiimides
- polymeric carbodiimides
- applications in organic synthesis
- biological applications, including antibiotic synthesis, protein and DNA synthesis, modifications of proteins, crosslinking of proteins, and pharmaceutical, herbicide and pesticide applications
- polymer and industrial applications, including polymer synthesis and modification, carbodiimides as stabilizers, carbodiimides in dye applications, and other applications
Chemistry and Technology of Carbodiimides is an essential guide for researchers and advanced students in academia and research working in synthetic organic and bioorganic chemistry, drug discovery and materials.
1. General Introduction.
2. Alkyl and Arylcarbodiimides.
3. Unsaturated Carbodiimides.
4. Halogenated Carbodiimides.
5. Acyl–, Thioacyl– and Imidoylcarbodiimides.
6. Silicon Substituted Carbodiimides.
7. Nitrogen Substituted Carbodiimides.
8. Phosphorus Substituted Carbodiimides.
9.Sulfur Substituted Carbodiimides.
10. Metal Substituted Carbodiimides.
11. Cyclic Carbodiimides.
12. Polymeric Carbodiimides.
13. Applications of Carbodiimides.